I’ll transform your audio into text!
Would you like to offer audio transcripts of your podcast or your Youtube videos that hasn’t been done by a machine, and that doesn’t include every “er” or unfinished sentence?
Would you like to reuse content from your Facebook or other live sessions as blog posts or digital products?
When it comes to creating new content, do you find talking easier than writing?
Do you have spoken material, such as interviews, that you need to be able to read?
I can take the spoken words from your audio and video files, and make them into a well-structured, easy-to-read document for you to use.
Why choose my audio transcription service?
- I’m an English teacher and a communications professional. This means that I will give you a text that reads well, and you won’t have to take out any filler words or parts of sentences that don’t make sense, as you would need to with an automatic transcription.
- I provide an efficient and reliable service.
- You can make sure that your hard work doesn’t get forgotten – having a text version of your presentation or podcast means that you can repurpose the content and increase your reach.
- Trying to work from audio files is tough, particularly if you need to analyse responses from a number of interviews. It’s much easier if you have the text in front of you.
What kind of things do I transcribe?
Here are some of the things that I can transcribe. If you have another idea, let me know and I’ll tell you if I can help!
- Podcast episodes – either so that you can provide a transcript or use the material for a blog post.
- Interviews – whether for a podcast, a Facebook live session or a piece of research;
- Dictation – do you get your best ideas for content when you’re walking the dog? Record them as you go, and I’ll type them up!
- Training sessions – don’t let all your valuable tips and ideas disappear as your Facebook Live session slips down the feed. Let me produce a written record for you so that you can offer it to your members, or reuse the content in some other way;
- Webinars – if you have the recording of a webinar that you have delivered, I can write it up for you.
What file types do you accept?
The easiest way is to send me files directly, using a file sharing service, such as Dropbox. You can send me mp3, wav, wma, mov, mp4 and m4a files.
You can also send me links to videos on social media sites.
How much does it cost?
As a guide, my audio transcription costs £1 per recorded minute on the 2-day turn-around plan (Mondays to Fridays), and 85p per recorded minute if you’re not in a hurry and are happy to receive the transcription back within 7 days. This includes proofreading of the text.
As a guide, this equates to 1.12 euros and 0.96 Euros.
Unless you specifically say that you want a word for word transcription, the text will be tidied up to remove filler words such as “um” and “you know”, and any false starts to sentences which would make the written text look untidy or make it hard to understand.
Individual quotes may vary depending on the quality of the audio, how many people were speaking, the subject matter and the file type. Someone who needs a transcription of a good quality podcast file should not have to pay as much as someone who has done a technical interview with four people in a noisy café. The charges will be slightly higher if there is a lot of technical vocabulary, multiple speakers, background noise or the voices cannot be heard clearly, as transcribing such a file would take longer.
Let me know your requirements and after I’ve listened to a sample of your audio, I’ll give you a customised rate per minute price. The quote will be valid for similar content, if you produce more of the same content in the future (such as regular podcast episodes or training materials).
What payment options are there? ?
All prices are in British Pounds. Anyone in the UK can pay by direct bank transfer or Paypal. Anyone outside the UK needs to pay via Paypal.
My payment details will be on your invoice. I ask for 50% of the payment in advance and 50% once you have received your transcription.
What are other people saying about the service?
Cara from Leo Listening produces videos for her audience. I transcribe her videos and give her a word document that she can then use as a blog post. You can see an example here.
“I make videos and Kirsty transcribes my speech and turns them into blog posts. It makes life so much simpler. It’s a great service and saves me lots of time and sanity!”
Do you need help with something like this?
If you’d like to know more about the service or to request a quote, you can get in touch with me using my contact form:
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English and anyone who wants to communicate effectively. It also includes the latest news from English with Kirsty.