Making sense of English grammar
Bite-sized grammar modules for busy people
- Do you get confused with the English tenses?
- Do you mix up the present perfect with the simple past or have no idea why the past perfect or past continuous are necessary?
- Did grammar lessons at school never make any sense?
- Complete all the modules and ensure that you have a really good grounding in English grammar
- do a single session to finally make sense of the one thing that has been causing you trouble
- put your own course together, focussing on the areas on which you want to work.
- A single lesson – £25
- A block of 3 lessons – £67.50 (you save £7.50)
- A block of 5 lessons – £105 (you save £20
- A single lesson – £28
- A block of 3 lessons – £75 (you save £9)
- £25 is around 28.40 Euros
- £67.50 is around 76.70 Euros
- £105 is around 119.40 Euros
- £28 is around 31.80 Euros
- £75 is around 85.20 euros
You may have a great vocabulary but if you keep making the same grammar mistakes, it detracts from what you are saying and writing. People may well understand you, but you will make a more professional, credible impression if you use the right grammar structures.
Understanding grammar rules may not be your idea of a fun way to spend an hour, but actually it’s an investment. If you understand why sentences have to be structured in a certain way or why a particular tense should be used, it will assist you whenever you construct your own sentences in the future.
It doesn’t have to be difficult!
How does the course work?
I have created a selection of short, bite-sized grammar modules that will help you to understand some of the most important grammar rules.
1. The present tenses.
2. The past tenses 1 (simple past, past perfect and past perfect continuous)
3. The past tenses 2 (past continuous, present perfect and present perfect continuous)
4. The future tenses
5. Conditionals (sentences with “if”)
6. Active and passive sentences
7. Definite and indefinite articles (when to use a, and and the before a noun)
8. Gerunds (going) and infinitives (to go)
9. Adjectives and adverbs
10. Building questions
If you have a suggestion for an additional module, do let me know and I’ll consider adding further modules to the list.
How do the sessions work?
All of my training is delivered online, either on Skype, Facetime or Viber. You will have a one-to-one 45 minute session with me, in which I will explain the grammar in a way that is easy to understand. We will also do some practical exercises together, to make sure that everything is clear.
Afterwards, I will give you a worksheet that you can complete on your own. If you email the answers back to me, I will mark them and give you detailed feedback on any corrections.
How much does it cost?
You can choose from two rates and there is a discount if you buy blocks of modules. Blocks of modules must be paid for in advance.
Rate 1 – between 9:00 and 17:00 BST (London)
Rate 2 – between 08:00 and 09:00, and between 17:00 and 21:00 BST (London)
Customers outside the UK are asked to pay using Paypal. Those inside the UK can pay via Paypal or bank transfer.
Paypal will calculate the conversion into British pounds for you using the current exchange rate automatically. If you want to check how much these prices would be in other currencies, you can use a conversion tool such as the Google conversion tool.
As a guide – subject to the exchange rate:
Figures as of 12/12/2017
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions about the grammar modules or you would like to book your first training session, send me a message using the below form.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.