- Do you wish that you had people with whom you could practise your English?
- Is it hard for you to find the time to attend regular language meet-ups?
- Are some of the online language practice groups too big or impersonal?
- Would you like personalised feedback and tips that will help you to improve your language skills?
My WhatsApp English conversation groups might be just what you’re looking for!
How do the groups work?
The group conversations take place in WhatsApp, either through text chat or short voice messages.
There are two types of groups – one for beginners and lower intermediate learners, and one for upper intermediate and advanced learners. All new customers who are not currently taking lessons with me are asked to have a short Whatsapp call with me (in German or English) to discuss their language level and when they would like to start.
The groups are all about conversation between the members, but I am there to start conversations or help with vocabulary if anyone needs it. Group members are also encouraged to talk to one another as you would if we were all sitting around a table having coffee together. There are no more than five learners in each group, so the group will never become too big or impersonal.
The group is open every day throughout the month, and members can post or respond to messages whenever they have time. Regular posting is not mandatory, but people learn more when they play an active role in the group.
If you would like to have this, I also offer private feedback on WhatsApp, which includes language tips or ways to improve your sentences. There are no corrections in the group because the focus is on communicating and being understood.
What does it cost?
Membership of the groups is paid on a monthly basis and costs £15 per month. Payments are made in advance by Paypal and cover the following month, unless you request to join in the month that you paid. For example, if you pay on the 2nd July, you may want to start straight away as there is still plenty of time to get value out of the group during July.
Are the groups right for me?
The groups are for you if you
- Are looking for people with whom you can practise your English in an informal online setting.
- Like using WhatsApp to keep in touch with people
- Are interested in actively taking part in the group, either by voice or text chat.
The groups are not for you if you
- Are a child learning English – English with Kirsty training courses and services are aimed at adults.
- Are looking for specific training – this is not a substitute for private English lessons.
- Want to use the groups for other purposes such as selling, looking for a partner, or spreading religious or political messages.
- Are a complete beginner. This may be something that I offer in the future, but at the moment you really need to be able to make simple sentences in English to gain value from the beginner to intermediate group.
If you have any questions or you’d like to know more, get in touch with me using the contact form.
More from English with Kirsty
If you would like more articles like this and other news from English with Kirsty to be delivered straight to your inbox, you can sign up for my monthly newsletter.