Feel confident using your business English
- Do you dread having to speak English with customers or colleagues?
- Do you have sleepless nights if you know you’ll have to attend a meeting in English?
- Does preparing presentations in English take longer than it should because you don’t feel confident about putting them together, delivering presentations in English or taking questions?
- Are you worried about your grammar, vocabulary or pronunciation?
The above problems could be making your working life difficult or holding you back from progressing with your career. This practical online course offers you achievable solutions.
You could benefit from this course if you:
- Already use English at work but you would like to feel more confident when communicating with English speaking colleagues and customers;
- Wish you could respond more spontaneously in spoken or written English;
- Want to develop your skills for presenting in English;
- Want to increase your vocabulary and feel empowered to use your new English language skills.
What will be covered in the course?
The course is made up of 12 modules:
1. Introductions, general conversation and finding out information
Is general conversation something that worries you because it’s so unpredictable? You will practise introducing yourself and finding out about others.
2. Communicating using the telephone
In this module, there are tips and practical exercises to help you to feel more relaxed about communicating on the telephone.
3. Writing and responding to emails
Do you worry that your emails aren’t making the right impression? This module will show you how to communicate clearly and effectively.
4. Making and changing arrangements
Good planning and organising is key to effective meetings and progress with your work. This module will give you the skills to make arrangements efficiently and without wasting time.
5. Making and responding to requests
Requesting things of others and responding to requests are things that we often have to do. Here you will learn to do both with politeness and clarity.
6. Taking part in meetings and discussions
This module is about how to get your ideas across in the right way and how to make a full and active contribution to meetings.
7. Business travel, networking and entertaining guests
Now you won’t need to dread the next networking event or find excuses not to go to that business dinner where everybody will be speaking English!
8. Getting the desired outcome from difficult conversations
Difficult conversations are hard enough in your native language. In this module you will learn strategies for doing this, sensitively but confidently.
9. Presenting information and taking questions (preparation)
This module will give you the skills that you need to use your existing knowledge and create an engaging presentation for an English-speaking audience.
10. Presenting information and taking questions (practical session)
This is your chance to deliver your presentation in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere so that you can gain confidence and show what you can really do – in English.
11. Arguing persuasively and negotiating
This is another practical session about reaching desired outcomes when you’re negotiating in English or promoting an idea.
12. Apologising, resolving complaints and dealing with problems
The final session is about how to respond well to complaints in English and how to complain courteously and assertively.
A more in-depth document showing exactly what is covered in each module is available on request. Please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
The course materials are in English and the course will be delivered in English. However I do also speak German and I can give grammar explanations or help with vocabulary questions in German too.
Each participant will receive:
- 12 introduction audio messages – one at the beginning of each module;
- 12 audio messages about the tasks that should be completed outside of the training sessions;
- 12 hours of one to one, online training ;
- The worksheets or other materials needed to complete each module;
- 12 comprehensive feedback emails after the week’s task has been completed.
Participants on the premium course will receive all of the above plus
- two personalised, one hour sessions, which can be used for further revision or to focus on specifics relating to the participant’s needs and area of work. There will also be information sheets and/or worksheets to assist learning in this area;
- 90 minutes of proofreading to check and give feedback on written English;
How much will it cost?
|Course type||Rate 1||Rate 2|
Rate 1 = between 9:00 and 17:00 BST.
Rate 2 = between 6:30 and 9:00 and between 17:00 and 21:00 BST.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about the course, contact me and we will arrange a meeting free of charge so that you can find out more and I can answer your questions.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.
You may also be interested in my book, “Feel confident using your business English”, or the webinar that I presented on “feel confident about contributing to meetings in English.