Learn with a qualified native speaker (British English)
Language training that will help you to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Do you want to feel more confident about speaking English when you interact with customers or colleagues?
- Do you need to develop your vocabulary and speaking skills so that you can communicate your ideas effectively?
- Do you feel nervous when you have to give presentations, or wish you could say more when you take part in meetings that are held in English?
- Do you want the convenience of online lessons that meet your individual needs, with a friendly and qualified English teacher?
I can help!
Our first online meeting is always free because it is a chance for us to discuss your current language level, what you want to learn and what I can offer you. The meeting is free of charge and it lasts around 30 minutes.
Then, depending on your level and areas of interest, I will put together a learning plan to meet your individual needs. This is to make sure that the level is right for you, the activities are relevant to you, and the way you learn the information is appropriate for your learning style. Everyone has different needs and we all learn differently. Individual lessons are an ideal way to make sure that you get the best results from our time together.
I’m organised, interested in every client, and I work hard to help you to reach your goals. Working with me is not like being at school. It’s important for me to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere where you can ask questions, where it’s ok to make mistakes, and where you can gain confidence to be yourself when you speak or write in English.
I also speak fluent German and intermediate Romanian – so if you speak one of these languages, you are welcome to use it when you contact me or in the lessons if it would make you feel more comfortable when asking questions.
Fill out the form below if you would like to find out more!
Perfect if you want to completely personalise your learning experience to meet specific needs, if you want to have 100% of my time during the lessons, or if you don’t want to speak in front of other people!
What does it cost?
Rate 1 – between 9:00 and 18:00 BST (London)
- A single lesson – £30
- A block of 5 lessons – £135 (£27 per lesson)
- A block of 10 lessons – £250 (£25 per lesson).
Rate 2 – between 07:00 and 09:00, and between 18:00 and 20:00 BST (London)
- A single lesson – £35
- A block of 5 lessons – £167.50 (£33.50 per lesson)
- A block of 8 lessons – £256 (£32 per lesson)
Use the currency converter in the side bar to get up-to-date currency conversions from pounds to your local currency.
Lessons last 60 minutes and we can use a range of communication platforms including Zoom, Teams, Facetime, LinkedIn video, Whatsapp, Signal, Discord, Google Meets, Facebook Messenger, and Skype. You can choose from two lesson rates and a number of payment options.
These are for people who who want to learn with others. As they are group lessons, the cost per person is also cheaper than one-to-one courses.
Each group course has 10 60-minute lessons and there will be either 3 or 4 people in the group.
There are two options
- You build your own group with 2 or 3 friends.
- You tell me what kind of group you are looking for and we can start the course when I have found enough people with the same interests.
What does it cost
- A course with 10 lessons for 3 people costs £129 per person.
- A course with 10 lessons for 4 people costs £105 per person.
After we’ve put a group together, we’ll arrange a 30-minute meeting so that we can get to know one another before the course starts.
How does it work?
Some of the areas which we can work on together are:
- Speaking skills – covering general conversation, holiday vocabulary and communicating with English friends;
- Developing vocabulary –developing your understanding through a series of reading, listening and speaking activities;
- Revision – for people who learned English some time ago but haven’t used it for a while and who want to revise what they have learned and practise speaking again;
- Preparing for a specific trip, project, job interview or presentation – contact me to discuss.
I would be happy to discuss any specific requests which aren’t covered above – just send me a message using my contact form.
I use authentic materials to help you to practise your reading and listening skills. If you want to work on grammar topics, I write my own grammar tasks. We can either use them during our lessons or you can complete them in your own time and receive feedback from me afterwards.
After each lesson, you will receive a copy of the chat or my lesson notes so that you can look back at the new vocabulary, explanations, or language tips.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.