- Do you want to feel more confident about speaking English when you interact with customers or colleagues?
- Do you need to develop your vocabulary and speaking skills so that you can communicate your ideas effectively?
- Do you feel nervous when you have to give presentations or take part in meetings that are held in English?
- Are some of the English tenses and grammar rules a mystery to you?
- Do you want the convenience of online lessons that meet your individual needs, with a friendly and qualified English teacher?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place! I have a selection of products to meet a wide range of needs. You can click on the titles in the table below to find out more about the individual courses.
|Training||For you if you:||Description|
|English language and communication training.||want to work on your speaking skills and confidence when speaking English.||Customised, one-to-one language lessons that focus on the things that you want to learn.|
|Business English course||want a comprehensive course that looks at various aspects of business communication.||A 12-module one-to-one course with exercises and practical activities.|
|Career training||Need help with your English CV or interview preparation||Choose from the CV advice training, the interview preparation training or the English social media profile review.|
|Grammar modules||want to revise areas of grammar or you have questions on one or more topics||One-to-one training with 10 one-hour modules to choose from. You can do them all or design your own course.|
|Writing challenge||want to develop your writing skills||A 5 or 10-week challenge in which you will complete writing tasks independently and receive detailed, written feedback.|
Then, if you have any questions or you would like to book an introduction meeting with me, you can get in touch with me using my contact form. The online introduction meeting is free and it lasts around 30 minutes. It gives us the chance to discuss what you want to learn and how I can help you.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.
As a response to current events, many companies are taking their services online, but online language learning is nothing new. I have been providing online English lessons for language learners across Europe and beyond since 2012 and I enjoy seeing my learners grow in knowledge and confidence as they work with me online.
I also offer a range of language services, such as translation, proofreading, presentation skills, and screenreader user testing. If you are interested in these, visit my other site, EwK Services.
One of the great things about one-to-one lessons is that I can design them to help individual learners. This includes things such as
- Language level – making sure the content is not too easy or difficult;
- Learning style – presenting information in a way that is easiest for the learner to take in;
- Learning goals – taking into consideration why someone wants to learn English and what they will use it for;
- Additional or special educational needs – I already have experience working with a range of blind students. My own experience as a learner has also taught me that one way of doing things does not work for everyone, so I’m open to looking at solutions that we can put in place to help learners with other access needs;
- Language needs – most of my lessons are held in English, but if learners need me to explain things in German, I can do that. This is particularly useful in beginner or grammar classes.
I offer lessons using a range of services including Zoom, Teams, Facetime, LinkedIn video, Whatsapp, Google Meets, Facebook Messenger, and Skype.
Who am I?
You can read more about me on the Kirsty page or you can listen to my audio introduction.
Online Business-Englisch lernen mit der Muttersprachlerin Kirsty Major macht wirklich Spaß. Schnell überwindet man die Angst beim Sprechen in einer Fremdsprache. Fundiert, humorvoll und im Dialog versteht man auch die Grammatik der härtesten „If-Clauses“. Und wenn das Vokabular fehlt oder eine Formulierung schwer fällt, Kirsty spricht und versteht auch sehr gut deutsch. „English with Kirsty“ kann ich absolut jedem empfehlen, der international arbeitet.
Sebastian Siebert, Strategic Designer
“Kirsty ist toll! Ich bin so froh, dass ich sie gefunden habe: Ihr Englischkurs ist nur für mich. Im Einzelunterricht, noch dazu mit einer Muttersprachlerin, lerne ich viel mehr als in anderen Kursen. Weil ich einfach mal frei sprechen kann. Kirsty und ich besprechen ausführlich alle meine Fragen, ohne dabei andere SchülerInnen zu langweilen. Aussprache, Grammatik, Kommasetzung – nichts kommt zu kurz. Dabei ist Kirsty immer wertschätzend, was ich sehr genieße. Unsere Gespräche über Gott und die Welt sind außerdem sehr bereichernd. Ich bin absoluter Fan von Kirsty und will nie wieder aufhören. Danke, Kirsty!”
My book and other learning resources
I’ve written a book for people who want to improve their business English. “Feel confident using your business English”.