- Do you want to feel more confident about speaking English when you interact with customers or colleagues?
- Do you need to develop your vocabulary and speaking skills so that you can communicate your ideas effectively?
- Do you feel nervous when you have to give presentations or take part in meetings that are held in English?
- Are some of the English tenses and grammar rules a mystery to you?
- Do you want the convenience of online lessons that meet your individual needs, with a friendly and qualified English teacher?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place! I have a selection of products to meet a wide range of needs. You can click on the titles in the table below to find out more about the individual courses.
|Training||For you if you:||Description|
|English language and communication training.||want to work on your speaking skills and confidence when speaking English.||Customised, one-to-one language and communication training.|
|Business English course||want a comprehensive course that looks at various aspects of business communication.||A 12-module one-to-one course with exercises and practical activities.|
|Language coaching||Need help to plan and organise your language learning activities||One or more meetings to look at your language goals, problems and the actions you need to take.|
|Career training||Need help with your English CV or interview preparation||Choose from the CV advice training, the interview preparation training or the English social media profile review.|
|Grammar modules||want to revise areas of grammar or you have questions on one or more topics||One-to-one training with 10 one-hour modules to choose from. You can do them all or design your own course.|
|Writing challenge||want to develop your writing skills||A 5 or 10-week challenge in which you will complete writing tasks independently and receive detailed, written feedback.|
|Audio courses||want to learn on your own using my audio content||Courses on developing email-writing and networking skills. Each day you receive around 10 minutes of audio content and a web page with written information.|
|Teacher strategy sessions||are a new online teacher or someone who is thinking about working online||Strategy sessions to help you plan your new venture and for a teacher who’s been working online for over 5 years to answer your questions|
Then, if you have any questions or you would like to book an introduction meeting with me, you can get in touch with me using my contact form.
I also offer a range of language services, such as translation, proofreading, presentation skills, and screenreader user testing. If you are interested in these, visit my other site, EwK Services.
One of the great things about one-to-one lessons is that I can design them to help individual learners. This includes things such as
- Language level – making sure the content is not too easy or difficult;
- Learning style – presenting information in a way that is easiest for the learner to take in;
- Learning goals – taking into consideration why someone wants to learn English and what they will use it for;
- Additional or special educational needs – I already have experience working with a range of blind students. My own experience as a learner has also taught me that one way of doing things does not work for everyone, so I’m open to looking at solutions that we can put in place to help learners with other access needs;
- Language needs – most of my lessons are held in English, but if learners need me to explain things in German, I can do that. This is particularly useful in beginner or grammar classes.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Who am I?
You can read more about me on the Kirsty page or you can listen to my audio introduction.
My book and other learning resources
I’ve written a book for people who want to improve their business English. “Feel confident using your business English”.
On my free resources page, you can choose from five free resources which include audio training about preparing presentations in English, tips for communicating effectively on the telephone and the recording of my webinar about feeling confident when contributing to meetings in English. You can find out more here.