English with Kirsty – episode 124
Better English in 2018 – Improving your writing skills
You can listen to episode 124 here:
Do you want to improve your English writing skills this year? Here are some questions to think about:
1. Is writing important to you?
2. What kind of things do you want or need to write?
3. What activities would help you to write more? You could start a blog/write a diary/join a Facebook group about one of your hobbies/do a writing course/get a penfriend.
Here are the links that I mentioned:
Article about people who blog in English although it isn’t their native language.
Tips for improving your writing skills.
How Facebook groups can help you to improve your English.
This is my Facebook page. I hope you enjoy the content on there, and if you like the podcast, please share the top post on my Facebook page with your friends so that they can find out about the podcast too.
I mentioned the new Ko-fi link on my page – look out for the coffee cup! This is a way for people to support the site. Ko-fi uses Paypal.
How you can get in touch
I love to hear from my listeners! If you have any comments or questions, do get in touch using my contact form.
If you are interested in working with me, you can find more details about my online training here.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English, exclusive content for newsletter readers, and the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Subscribe to the English with Kirsty podcast
You can subscribe to the podcast on
or Player FM.
English with Kirsty has a Youtube channel. You can find it here.
The podcast’s RSS feed is:
You can also sign up for my monthly newsletter, where, as well as other articles and resources for learners of English, I post a round-up of the previous month’s episodes so that you can click straight through to the individual shows.
Would you like to support the podcast?
If you’re based in the UK or Germany, you can also support the podcast by using my Amazon affiliate links to access the Amazon site. I then earn a small amount from the purchases that you make at no additional cost to you.
This is the link for Amazon UK.
This is the link for Amazon.de.
English with Kirsty has a Patreon page , where you can donate 1, 3 or 5 dollars a month to support the show. I don’t have an expensive podcast set-up, but there are running costs associated with the show, so if you’d like to support it, that would be great.
I also provide additional content for my patreons as a “thank you” – further details are on the page.
Your chance to get a free audio book from Audible
If you’re in the UK or Germany, you can get a free ebook if you sign up for an Audible subscription. Whether or not you continue with the monthly subscription, you get to keep your audio book, and you can choose from 200,000 titles on a wide range of subjects. You can then download the Audible app on your phone and take your book with you wherever you go! (Books have to be purchased on the website – you can’t do it on the app).
Link for the UK
Link for Germany
1. This offer is open to people in Germany and the UK. Remember to use the correct link for your country.
2. You are eligible if you haven’t had a free audio book from Audible in the last year.
3. If you don’t want to pay, you must remember to cancel your subscription within the first month. You will still be able to keep your free book.
4. If you like the service, you will continue to receive a credit each month, which can be used to buy a book. Buying books on subscription is often cheaper than buying them individually.
These are affiliate links, but I only promote things on my website or in my newsletters that I use and enjoy. I am an Audible member and I am very happy with the service.