English with Kirsty – episode 217
Antoni Maroto – the Medical Communicator
You can listen to episode 217 here:
Antoni Maroto is a freelance medical communicator who aims to produce accessible, clear, and inclusive documents for consumers, health care providers, patients, and regulatory agencies. His areas of specialisation are imaging and radiology. Antoni’s working languages are Catalan, English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
We talked about:
- How Antoni’s early introduction to English opened up new opportunities, personally and professionally.
- Moving to Portugal and beginning to learn Portuguese.
- How writing in your additional languages can help you to consolidate what you’ve learned
- The importance of finding role models who inspire you when you want to learn a new language
- Ways to overcome the fear of speaking an additional language.
Do you relate to any of the subjects that we discussed? Let us know in the comments!
Connect with Antoni
- Antoni Maroto The Medical Communicator on Linkedin
- blog in English
- blog in Spanish
- blog in Portuguese
How you can get in touch with me
I love to hear from my listeners! If you have any comments or questions, do get in touch using my contact form.
Also, if you’d like to join us at the conversation club, you can sign up or find out more on the conversation club’s page.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English, exclusive content for newsletter readers, and the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Subscribe to the English with Kirsty podcast
You can subscribe to the podcast on:
English with Kirsty has a Youtube channel. You can find it here.
The podcast’s RSS feed is:
You can also sign up for my monthly newsletter, where, as well as other articles and resources for learners of English, I post a round-up of the previous month’s episodes so that you can click straight through to the individual shows.