Are you holding back from applying for jobs because you know that the interview will be in English?
Do you worry that something might be missing on your CV because you don’t know what an English CV should look like?
I can help!
1. Help with your English CV
I will review your English CV and give you extensive written feedback, in which I will suggest changes that you could make so that it comes across better. There will also be a 20-minute online call to discuss any changes, additions or questions. Note: this is not a translation service.
When I’m looking at your CV, I will
- highlight and correct any typing errors or anything that doesn’t make sense, as well as any issues with grammar or vocabulary;
- Tell you if anything is missing that English employers are likely to want to know. I’ll also highlight any information that doesn’t need to be included on an English CV;
- Look at the text to see how well it flows and make any suggestions that will help you to improve it.
You will be able to send off your CV knowing that you’ve given it your best and that the language is clear and correct.
2. Interview preparation
Whether you’re preparing for a specific interview or you want to generally improve your performance at interviews, I will help you to talk about yourself and your achievements clearly and confidently. In the interview practice, I will
- Ask you a range of questions, both general and specific to your personal situation, so that you can prepare your answers in a relaxed atmosphere;
- Help you with any issues relating to your presentation, language, vocabulary or grammar.
- Help you to speak about your experience and achievements with clarity and confidence;
You will still have to do the interview, but you will be well-prepared and feel more confident because you will have practised and polished your performance.
3. Social media profile review
In an attempt to make them accessible to international customers, some people choose to have their Xing or LinkedIn profiles in English. However, text that is unclear or in which there are mistakes can create a bad impression or drive potential customers away. This is where I come in.
I will review your English Xing or LinkedIn profile and send you a detailed written report in which I will correct any language mistakes and give you any suggestions for improvement. There is also a 20-minute online call to discuss the feedback and any questions that you may have.
What does it cost?
1. Help with your English CV – review and written feedback, plus a 20 minute call
2. CV preparation – an hour of online training
3. Social media profile review – review, written feedback and a 20-minute call
Any two for £50. For example, this could be two interview sessions to discuss different questions or a CV and an interview session.
Paypal will calculate the conversion into British pounds for you using the current exchange rate automatically. If you want to check how much these prices would be in other currencies, you can use a conversion tool such as the Google conversion tool.
As a guide – subject to the exchange rate:
- £30 is around 34 Euros
- £50 is around 57 euros
If you would like to know more or to book training, send me a message using the contact form below.
Training takes place on weekdays, preferably between 09:00 and 17:00, but evening appointments can also be arranged.
Customer feedback – Stephanie from Germany
“Für mich war insbesondere die Vorbereitung auf das Vorstellungsgespräch hilfreich, denn ein solches Gespräch ist auch für Berufserfahrene mit einer gewissen Anspannung verbunden. Unter Druck macht es sich eben bemerkbar, ob man in seiner Muttersprache kommuniziert oder nicht. Mit Kirsty konnte ich die Situation vorab durchspielen, Varianten einüben, eventuelle kritische Fragen des potenziellen Arbeitgebers gut parieren und eigene Punkte präziser formulieren. Man geht dann mit mehr Sicherheit in das Gespräch und hat den Kopf frei für das Wesentliche.”
Whether or not you want to do online training, I have two information sheets that can help you. There are 20 tips on each sheet. One is about how to write a good CV for an English company (although many of the tips can be applied to any type of CV writing), and the other is about how to present yourself well and to make a good impression at an interview in English.
Sign up here if you would like me to send you the “20 tips on coming across well at interviews” and/or the “20 tips for writing a good CV and cover letter” PDFs:
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.