English with Kirsty – episode 155
What is your ideal working environment
You can listen to episode 155 here:
This week I’m trying something different. I’ve provided a couple of resources about a topic and I’d like to know your thoughts. Here are the questions that I read out in the podcast:
- If you could change one thing about your working environment, what would it be? How could you make things better for working, or more comfortable?
- Do you have the opportunity to work from home? If so, do you enjoy it? If not, would you like to work from home?
- I talked about some advantages in my post. Can you think of some disadvantages of working from home?
- Do you think it’s a problem that managers can’t see what their staff are doing if the staff are working from home?
- What other types of working arrangements have you experienced, and what did you think of them? (Large open plan offices/smaller offices/single offices/individual cubicles within a larger room).
- Do you think you would be lonely if you weren’t surrounded by colleagues, or would you rather have the peace and quiet?
- What type of people or jobs would never be suitable for home working?
You’re welcome to post your answers in the comments or send them via the contact form if you’d rather just send them to me.
If you’d like to watch the TED talk yourself, you can do so by watching “why working from home is good for business.
If you want to read the post on my private blog, you can read my 10 advantages of working from home post.
This is my Facebook page. I hope you enjoy the content on there, and if you like the podcast, please share the top post on my Facebook page with your friends so that they can find out about the podcast too.
There’s also a Facebook group.
I also have a Ko-fi link on my page – look out for the coffee cup! This is a way for people to support the site. Ko-fi uses Paypal.
How you can get in touch
I love to hear from my listeners! If you have any comments or questions, do get in touch using my contact form.
If you are interested in working with me, you can find more details about my online training here.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English, exclusive content for newsletter readers, and the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Subscribe to the English with Kirsty podcast
You can subscribe to the podcast on
English with Kirsty has a Youtube channel. You can find it here.
The podcast’s RSS feed is:
You can also sign up for my monthly newsletter, where, as well as other articles and resources for learners of English, I post a round-up of the previous month’s episodes so that you can click straight through to the individual shows.
Would you like to support the podcast?
If you’re based in the UK or Germany, you can also support the podcast by using my Amazon affiliate links to access the Amazon site. I then earn a small amount from the purchases that you make at no additional cost to you.
This is the link for Amazon UK.
This is the link for Amazon.de.
English with Kirsty has a Patreon page , where you can donate 1, 3 or 5 dollars a month to support the show. I don’t have an expensive podcast set-up, but there are running costs associated with the show, so if you’d like to support it, that would be great.
I also provide additional content for my patreons as a “thank you” – further details are on the page.
Your chance to get a free audio book from Audible
If you’re in the UK or Germany, you can get a free ebook if you sign up for an Audible subscription. Whether or not you continue with the monthly subscription, you get to keep your audio book, and you can choose from 200,000 titles on a wide range of subjects. You can then download the Audible app on your phone and take your book with you wherever you go! (Books have to be purchased on the website – you can’t do it on the app).
- This offer is open to people in Germany and the UK. Remember to use the correct link for your country.
- You are eligible if you haven’t had a free audio book from Audible in the last year.
- If you don’t want to pay, you must remember to cancel your subscription within the first month. You will still be able to keep your free book.
- If you like the service, you will continue to receive a credit each month, which can be used to buy a book. Buying books on subscription is often cheaper than buying them individually.
These are affiliate links, but I only promote things on my website or in my newsletters that I use and enjoy. I am an Audible member and I am very happy with the service.