English with Kirsty – episode 16
Interview with Jane Eggers from Jane Eggers Translations
In this episode I interview Jane Eggers. We talk about differences between German and English and things to watch out for if you are a German native speaker and you want to write English texts.
You can listen to episode 16 here:
Things to think about
1. Make sure that you are using definite and indefinite articles correctly (a, an and the).
2. Make sure that you are using the right tenses.
3. Make sure that you are not capitalising words that should not be capitalised in English.
4. Often, German uses nouns whereas English uses verbs.
5. if you have a lot of sentences in the passive voice, consider whether they would sound better in the active voice.
6. Don’t write extremely long sentences. Doing this often makes it harder for the reader to understand your text.
Find out more
I love to hear from my listeners! If you have any comments or questions, do get in touch using my contact form.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English as well as the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Subscribe to the English with Kirsty podcast
The podcast’s RSS feed is: