English with Kirsty – episode 219
Diana Silva Franco on communication and having fun with languages
You can listen to episode 219 here:
Diana is “a very curious woman from Venezuela and a big fan of languages!”
We met on LinkedIn – it’s the place to be these days – and I want to share with you what happened when we got together a couple of weeks ago. We talked about:
- Diana’s story and language journey
- Why it’s important to have fun when you are learning languages and to find activities that are enjoyable for you
- Why it’s important to practise every day and not just when you go to classes
- How to avoid mixin up languages when you are learning several languages at the same time
- How using different languages helps you to highlight different parts of your personality
- How her knowledge of languages and her experience working with different cultures help Diana now with her work in communications
- How having something enjoyable to work towards can be both a motivator and a reward.
Do you relate to any of the subjects that we discussed? Let us know in the comments!
Diana is a professional journalist, a passionate communicator and a restless soul. She is on a quest to teach others how to communicate to inspire.
From her early years, Diana was a natural communicator. She grew up surrounded by scripts, cameras, music, and books, and developed a passion for writing and exploring. By the time she entered college, it was clear that her journalism major would only be the beginning of a purposeful career.
Connect with Diana
How you can get in touch with me
I love to hear from my listeners! If you have any comments or questions, do get in touch using my contact form.
Also, if you’d like to join us at the conversation club, you can sign up or find out more on the conversation club’s page.
English with Kirsty News is sent out once a month and it contains articles and other information for learners of English, exclusive content for newsletter readers, and the latest news from English with Kirsty.
Subscribe to the English with Kirsty podcast
You can subscribe to the podcast on:
English with Kirsty has a Youtube channel. You can find it here.
The podcast’s RSS feed is:
You can also sign up for my monthly newsletter, where, as well as other articles and resources for learners of English, I post a round-up of the previous month’s episodes so that you can click straight through to the individual shows.