Below are lines from well-known Christmas songs or carrols. Do you know the titles? I will post the answers separately but you are welcome to post your answers in the comments.
1. Sleep in heavenly peace
2. next year all our troubles will be out of sight
3. Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.
4. Were they surprised when before their eyes
He came to life that day
5. And his shelter was a stable,
And his cradle was a stall.
6. it’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you
7. God with man is now residing, yonder shines the Infant light;
8. Then one foggy Christmas Eve, santa came to say
9. When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even.
10. The weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
11. O the rising of the sun
And the running of the deer
12. I don’t care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
13. The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
14. When the snowman brings the snow, when the snowman brings the snow
15. So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of His heav’n.
16. I keep my distance but you still catch my eye
17. Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
18. Next year I could be just as good if you check out my Christmas list
19. Light and life to all he brings
Ris’n with healing in his wings
20. O what fun it is to ride on a one-horse open sleigh
21. The shepherds at those tidings
Rejoiced much in mind,
22. “Glad tidings of great joy I bring
To you and all mankind.”
23. In fields as they lay, keeping their sheep,
On a cold winter’s night that was so deep.
24. And children listen to hear sleighbells in the snow
25. Yea, Lord, we greet Thee, born this happy morning.
26. He’s making a list, he’s checking it twice
27. Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven,
to Live with Thee there.
28. 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtledoves
29. Got to keep on plodding onwards with your precious load
30. See the tender Lamb appears,
Promised from eternal years.
English with Kirsty Christmas prize draw
Take part in the English with Kirsty Christmas prize draw and you could win one of the following prizes:
1 x A 5-week writing course with individual feedback to help you improve your written English.
2 x A free grammar lesson – choose from the 10 available modules
Worth: £30 each
3 x A 15-day audio course to help you write better emails.
Worth: £30 each
For your chance to win, fill in the following form:
Click here for terms and conditions.
Winners will be notified by email and announced in the English with Kirsty newsletter in January 2016.